Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to assign a help search

former_member203305
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi masters,

i need to create a help search F4 for a standard field in tx ME51N. The field is AFNAM, it is located in the table MEREQ3211GRID. I created the search throught tx SE11 (zhelp_soli) and it works well.

Now, how can i assign that help search to element AFNAM? I can't modify the standard table, because it asks me for a code. Do i need to get the permission from SAP to add that help to that field?

I thought that i must be done without asking for the code to modify standard tables in SAP.

Thanks..

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I believe you need to ask for the Object key for this......

6 REPLIES 6

former_member156446
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

one other option you have is, look for any other field which has a search help and use append that search help with the field you wanted and check the import checkbox in the search help. To get data you can write a search help exit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I believe you need to ask for the Object key for this......

0 Kudos

I'm thinking the same, but i wanna be sure first.

thanks

uwe_schieferstein
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Miguel

Structure MEREQ3211GRID is used only within a very few program objects. I had a look into function group MEGUI and there is apparently no exit to modify fieldcatalog properties.

Therefore, the easiest solution should be to modify the structure. For this you need the modification key for object R3TR TABL MEREQ3211GRID.

Then you can add the search help field to the structure field MEREQ3211GRID-AFNAM.

Regards

Uwe

former_member459142
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Miguel Alvear,

I saw your thread , i want same functionality , i will get Modification key but can you please tell me that MEREQ3211GRID is right structure to add F4 help for ME51n,

if it is not then please tell me .

Thanks & Regards

Prashant Gupta

0 Kudos

Hi!

Can you tell me how resolve that issue??

Please!