cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Planning on Cost center in New GL

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts

Is it possible to plan on cost center level in New GL directly or does the plan data have to entered in CO and then transfered to FI.

Thank you!!!

C

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You need do cost center planning in CO, not in FI, even in ECC6 with new GL function.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yep, agree in theory. However - I can enter cost center plans in the New GL directly via the same transaction as the profit center plans (GP12N), there is even a SAP standard layout to enable this (0FAGL-06).

So I am wondering - why enter plans in CO?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I didn't understand the part "transferring to FI". I guess you plan using T-Code KP06 on cost center(s) by entering the plan amounts per cost element.

Former Member
0 Kudos

By transferring to FI I the real-time integration of CO and FI in ECC 6 (new GL functionality)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The real-time integration between CO and FI (in new GL), as far as I know, is the following.

"Reconciliation between controlling functions and the new general ledger also do not require additional program runs. In the case of cross-entity controlling postings (such as transfer postings for costs from one cost center or profit center to another, either manually or with allocations), the values are updated to the general ledger in real time. In this manner, the controlling area and general ledger are synchronized for the transactions. You no longer need additional reconciliation activities or use of the reconciliation ledger." - extract from SAP's document on New GL concept.

I guess there is no change (in the way you perform cost center planning) in New GL as compared to classic GL.