cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maintain order at runtime

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am doing IDOC to JMS Scenario(2 receivers).

for example....jms1 and jms2 are receivers..

in interface determination,I have checked as Maintain order at runtime. First JMS1 then JMS 2 should receive the message.

if i do so ,it is going for holding in run time workbench message monitoring....

But, i need order at runtime...what shall i do...

Edited by: Harsha reddy on Oct 15, 2008 9:32 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Harsha

Did you get solution for this ?

I too have exactly the scenario

thanks,

Giridhar Kommisetty

Former Member
0 Kudos

write a UDF or java mapping to stop the interface for few minutes....but,its not the better option.

orelse,BPM would be best option.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

>>in interface determination,I have checked as Maintain order at runtime

If JMS1 and JMS2 are two separate business system/service then you dont need to set the order in interface determination.Order is set in interface determination when you have multiple interfaces on 1 single receiver.

Thanx

Aamir

Former Member
0 Kudos

sorry Aamir...Business system is same....there are 2 interfaces here on the same system

Edited by: Harsha reddy on Oct 15, 2008 11:44 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

"Maintain Order at runtime " is normally used in adapters which don't support EOIO.

JMS supports EOIO so use that instead of "Maintain Order at runtime".

Thanx

Aamir

Former Member
0 Kudos

it is taking EOIO only..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harsha

I didnt get your problem exactly. If you are using Maintain order at runtime then it is nothing but EOIO. Holding at Runtime workbench means??

Did you defined any conditions for passing data to JMS1 and JMS2 or without even condition you are using it.

As the business system is same it doesnt matter. It will go one by one.

Thanks

Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

>>it is taking EOIO only..

Then there is no need of "Maintain Order at runtime"

If messages are getting stuck somewhere(Adapter engine or Integration engine) then probably some message is taking too much time to process which is holding back other messages.

Thanx

Aamir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Aamir/Gaurav,

I dont have any conditions in interface determination,I have put JMS1 and JMS2 as the interfaces.Now i removed that Maintain order at runtime option in interface determination.It works fine.I mean messages are being posted to receivers.Which is creating a problem.Because,They need JMS1 first and then JMS 2.But,they are getting JMS2 first then JMS1.That is the reason why we went with Maintain order at runtime. When ever we go with this option,they messages in Message monitoing(RWB) shows holding. we are stuck here and dont now how to proceed further.

We are using PI7.0 with SP 9.

I even saw some note which explains the same problem, but I am not sure if i need to implement that Note.

Note : 901773

I am still unsure where do we specify EOIO.Because,I came to know EOIO is being taken by JMS from MDT in RWB.is there a way to chnage th EO for JMS....

Edited by: Harsha reddy on Oct 16, 2008 7:44 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harsha

Note does talk about the problem you are facing.

Without using Maintain Order at Runtime it act as EO. You have two mappings right.

is the order Configured is also JMS2 and JMS1 when u didnt used Order at runtime. Try to reverse and see if it shows the reverse effect

For JMS to implement EOIO i relied on Maintain order at runtime and it worked.

If nothing work then apply the note.

Thanks

Gaurav