cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Subcontracted Stock at Vendor has quality problem - must be blocked

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have stock at a Vendor (Special Stock Type O) that has a possible quality problem. It must be put on hold until we determine the extent of the problem.

It is still showing up in MD04 as available stock. I tried to move it to QI with movement 322 but it still shows up as available.

How can I block that stock from consideration by MD04 without physically removing it from the Vendor?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards to all!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hai

reverse the material sent to the subcontractor with 542 movement and while receiving this material put it in quality storage location

hope this will work

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

hai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Just check whether stock is available in what all storage locations for a plant. Then it may helps you in finding where it shows as available.

Hope this helps

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ppkk,

Thanks for your thoughts.

The problem is that this stock is at the vendor, so there is no storage location. We have Quality related Storage Locations for stock in the plant, and if we move parts to those storage locations they do not show up as available stock in MD04.

But the Special Stock type O is just "Stock at Vendor" with no Storage Location.

I think that we would have to receive the stock back into our plant in order to move it to a Quality related Storage Location.

Does that make sense?

Thanks again.