Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Function Module

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Experts

I have to develop a Function Module using which I have to upload documents in any format ( Word, PDF, Notepad, EXcel) and they should be saved in BOR.

Thanks and Regards ,

V.K

9 REPLIES 9

Former Member
0 Kudos

Upload from where? presentation server, application server, or FTP?

0 Kudos

Hi,

the upload is from presentation server, moreover the the file which is uploaded should be stored in the same format so that when we download the file will be downloaded in the same format.

Thanks and Regards,

V.K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try looking at these FM:

ARCHIV_METAINFO_GET

ARCHIVOBJECT_CREATE_FILE

ARCHIV_CONNECTIONTABLE_INSERT

0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the quick replies, where can I get the documentation for the above FM you have provided.

Thanks and Regards,

V.K

0 Kudos

Hi Vikram,

You can get the documentation of all the above mentioned FM in SE37. What you need to do is just enter the FM name and there is one Button "Documentation" where you click you will get the information.

If in case there is no documentatin then try to find the documentation from SDN.

Thanks,

Chidanand

0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, I have already checked for the docs in SE37 but the docs are not available.

Thanks and Regards,

V.K

0 Kudos

Hi, do we have any note for this kind of requirement or is SAP doing this any where in the system.

0 Kudos

Hi,

any inputs ? how to store document in BOR in the same format as it is received.

Edited by: vikram kagada on Oct 16, 2008 8:15 AM

Edited by: vikram kagada on Oct 16, 2008 8:41 AM

0 Kudos

Try looking at program OA_UPLOAD_AND_LINK. It may be just what you're looking for.