cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sending PO by e-mail

Former Member
0 Kudos

We've at the firm the configuration for sending e-mail to the supplier when a particular type of PO is created or modified.

What's happening then: to be approved, an e-mail is sent to the supplier because to change in the status of approval of this PO. However, the e-mail has the content on sender address, the electronic address of the approver, that is, who's changing.

We wonder if anyone knows any settings for the e-mail sent to the supplier, has the sender address the e-mail the buyer responsible for the PO ( Purch.Group defined in PO)?

Thanks for advance.

Francismar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I have an issue regarding the same

user updated the delivery date and then manually deleted the NEU output type msg from the POs yesterday.

However on the same batch of POs with the NEU output type msg deleted yesteday, there are a list of POs with NEU output type msg being sent to rock today without a physical trigger.

how can i prevent that one.

Former Member
0 Kudos

PO as an email to Vendor:

When using external mail, the following basic settings are required:

1. You must maintain an e-mail address in the address in the vendor master.

2. The same applies to your own user master. You also have to specify an e-mail address there in order to identify the sender.

Note that it is not possible to change the e-mail address of the vendor via the SAP purchase order transaction (ME21N, ME22N, and so on). The system only uses the e-mail address of the vendor that is maintained in the vendor master!

3. For the output type for default values, a communication strategy needs to be maintained in the Customizing that supports the e-mail. You can find the definition of the communication strategy in the Customizing via the following path: (SPRO -> IMG -> SAP Web Application Server -> Basic Services -> Message Control -> Define Communication Strategy).

As a default, communication strategy CS01 is delivered. This already contains the necessary entry for the external communication. Bear in mind that without a suitable communication strategy it is not possible to communicate with a partner via Medium 5 (external sending).

4. Use the standard SAP environment (program 'SAPFM06P', FORM routine 'ENTRY_NEU' and form 'MEDRUCK') as the processing routines.

5. In the condition records for the output type NEU (for example, Transaction MN04), use medium '5' (External send). Then in Transaction M/34 for the output type NEU add the medium '5' (External send) in Partner functions & Processing routines.

6.Then Create a PO…Go to Messages>select the output type & medium '5' (External send). Then communication method > Comm Strategy “CS01”. Remoce Print immediately if it is ticked.

7. Then go back ,Select message>Further data>Dispatch time>Select 'Send immediately (when saving application)'

Back and save PO.

8. Check SCOT. PO will be in the waiting list. If u want to see the detailed list of waiting items then go to transaction SOST. Specify the Send date, select the check box Waiting & execute.

Regards

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, good morning!

Amit, Thank you so much!

But, these configurations are already working!

My doubt is how changes the sender e-mail address, when the last modification in the PO is executed for somebody that don't needs receive Vendor answers!

Can you understand me?

Thanks again for advance!

Francismar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, good mornig for everybody!

Thanks a lot!

However, I've been looking for answers to my question, but I don't found.

I'd like yet, than somebody could help me!

Case no understood me, I can try explain more.

thanks,

Francismar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Fran,

Please check below link, see if it can helps u,

Former Member
0 Kudos

The reply email is defined by user that saved the Purchase Order.

You can go to SU01 transaction, define your email and after this procedure go to ME21N and save the Purchase Order.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Pls configure the email and the po will be sent auto when you will save.

Anil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Please search through your subject line on this forum , many have answered these queries in the past.

Thanking You ,

Sudhakar