Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inbox Substitution Restricting

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have got a requirement which says

"User should be restricted to create substitute who is equal or higher approval authority."

Scenario 1:

When a user clicks on the "Find" button it should display the users who are equal or above his/her level in the Org Hierarchy based on the approval limit of the user.

Scenario 2:

If the user enters the substitutes user id or name and clicks on "add" button without using the 'Find', validation should occur and pop up a message if the substitute is below the user level in the Org Hierarchy.

I have gone through sdn on this.. Many posts say, "its better to train the users whom they can substitute for".

Let me know if you have any ideas on how to achieve this...

User clicks on the "Substitute" in the SRM inbox not the SBWP inbox.

Regards,

PR.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have found the solution for my requirement.

Brief outline of the reqt:

User should delegate approval authority to another approver with equal or higher approval authority.

sol:

Include LBW02F01 contains " Form D1328_FIND_DEPUTIES" which fetches the approvers based on the search criteria.

gt_deputies table is the one in which the users are stored.

By Enhancement option i was able to add code and remove the unwanted users from gt_deputies table.

Hence closing this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, I have asked a similar question like yours before :

Link:[;

I am not sure you have came across this or not. Anyway, if anyone else have any other ideas on this, please share.

Thanks,

YL