cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PP-VC Variable Bom

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, on a Kmat in Kmat scenario, I need help to setup a selection condition in the bom.

Scenario ex: We use Kmat because we would have too many configuration of a configurable material to create. When for a finish product KMAT we have a MTS configuration, we have the concept of Type matching.

The Kmat is replace with a FERT if an identical classified material exists.

--> At this level, everything is fine.

At the component we ca also have Kmats. In my scenario I have halbs and Kmat that represent the same kind of component.:

ex of component:

HALB_White plastic - If color is white

HALB_Black plastic : If color is Black

KMAT_PLASTIC: if not white or black; (ELSE)

The resulting bom contains one of the previous component only.

- Is there a way to infdicate to the system to pick the halbs first and if the conditions are not met, pick the KMAT? (maybe a kind of type match?)

- I tried the standard selection condition and in my case there's a lot of characteristics combinations to consider and it is very long to write...

Is there other possibilities with classification ?

I need some guidance

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

No more input

Former Member
0 Kudos

You could add the 3 materials, (HALB_White plastic, HALB_Black, and KMAT_PLASTIC) as separate line items in your Super BOM. You would then need a Selection Condition for each material.

For Example:

HALB_White: Selection Condition SEL_HALB_WHITE: $PARENT.C_COLOR = 'WHITE'

HALB_Black: Selection Condition SEL_HALB_BLACK: $PARENT.C_COLOR = 'BLACK'.

KMAT_PLASTIC: Selection Condition SEL_KMAT_PLASTIC: $PARENT.C_COLOR NE 'WHITE' and

$PARENT.C_COLOR NE 'BLACK'

You could also use a Class 200 in the BOM and Allocate your Materials to this class. Do keep in mind that when a Material is allocated to a class, the Characteristics must be unique.

If you need further help, please post back.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I feel your writing is little confusing, or may be what i understood.

IF the colour is white, then if the char combination finds type matching as FERT material, you can select white colour FERT material

IF the colour is black, then if the char combination finds type matching as FERT material, you can select black colour FERT material.

If the colour is neither white nor black, system will not find any type match and will not go for type match and retain KMAT material.

Even though char represents the selection of HALB material, it ends when you replace type match. Hence I am not getting where exactly you have problem?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Let me rephrase the problem...

1- It happens in the SuperBom

2- I have 3 components, all of them are conditionnal.

3- Only 1 resulting.

the first 2 components are halbs material where the selection condition is simple.

the third is a KMAT, that will be use if no halb were selected...

ex: HALB_01 if $root color = white

HALB_02 if $root color = black

KMAT_01 ELSE...

My example seems simple but in fact I have up to 15 characteristic and value to consider for every selection condition, and my bom has up to 20 halbs and I kmat.

Is there a way to use a feature such as a selection condition on the KMAT without going in negative statements all the way?

Former Member
0 Kudos

You may want to consider a Class 200 in your Super BOM if you have that many materials (Line Items). As you add new colors in the future, it will be much easier to maintain.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do you know what would be the classification for the KMAT_PLASTIC material in a class type 200? (in order to be selected)

ex: NE white, NE black....

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would create a Characteristic (or Flag) for the Items which would be your KMAT_Plastic and set this value based upon your Color Selections (using a variant Table for this would be suggested rather than writing a long Procedure). You could then check this Value for your Selection Condition in the Super BOM, COLOR_FLAG SPECIFIED for KMAT material and NOT(COLOR_FLAG SPECIFIED) for the HALBS. Your class 200 would contain your Color Characteristic.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks again... But it would be hard to implement because in my example I used the characteristic color but in fact i have +/- 15 characteristics to validate ...

Another possibility to solve this issue would be to use the function $count_parts on the KMAT_plastic. But the problem is the execution of a procedure occurs after a selection condition.

Procedure = self.qty = $count_parts ($parent)

S.C. If $self.qty = 0

Any other suggestions?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Now I got your point.

You must have created colour char and assigned to class 300.

You create a class 200(as Mike told) and assign the char to this class.

Now values in colour char are - white,block, NO colour.

Assign this class to material HALB_01 with value white

Assign this class to material HALB_02 with value block

Assign this class to material KMAT_01 with value NO colur.

Now assign this class as one of the class component in super BOM of KAMT material.

Now check in CU50 and coem back

Former Member
0 Kudos

Characteristic color has values white, black, blue, grey, green etc...

the kmat is used if not white or if not black (if blue, grey, green etc).

The real case I deal with is that I have many characteristics such as color, width, depth, weight, type of profile etc... to use in my selection conditions on my HALB_PLASTIC_01, _02...

Bottom line -

> For the KMAT_PLASTIC I cannot enumerate all "Other" possibilities

> For the Kmat_plastic, I dont want to enumerate all my selection conditions (for halbs) in a negative way in order to select the KMAT...(if NE and NE...)

--> On that Bom level, I only want one resulting component: either HALB_plastic 01, or HALB_plastic 02 or KMAT_PLASTIC...

Is there a return code in a class item that I can use later in a selection condition for the KMAT_plastic? (if none were selected then select the KMAT...

Thanks!