cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will SDN ever support MAC??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

It seems SDN is totally partial from Mac users. The site does not support Safari properly and the elearning not at all support MAC. I tried IE but it just can't go to site as it says some security failure and need personal certificate.

eLearning.. it just hangs asking for IE but IE did not go to site at all.

I had seen few people posting problems about sapgui on MAC and other mac related problem but no one even bothered to answer them.

Its really surprising in this world where now more and more people switching to MAC.

Any thought on this?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

eddy_declercq
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Amit,

MIE for Mac isn't supported anymore by Microsoft. In fact the MIE on Mac is an old 5.0X that doesn't show a lot of sites well.

As mentioned in /people/eddy.declercq/blog/2006/02/01/sdn-by-the-dashboard-light, SDN does run on Safari, but not perfect. But it isn't the only site though.

I strongly suggest Firefox, Camino, Seamonkey or Mozilla suite, all downloadable from mozilla.org

As far as the SAP gui is concerned, is the SAP gui for Java which is also available for Windows, so that is no Mac issue.

Eddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Armin and Eddy,

I tried FireFox, latest Version, but it also didn't worked properly. Yes, i could see most of the web pages but both safari and firefox could not go to the EP Tutorial site. Yes, I loged my first message using firefox so i could access the site atleast.

IE is not supported By MSoft any more but its just that they will not improve it or fix a bug. So what i felt was it should have atleast open the SDN site. but its not an issue as Eddy said it is a too old verison.

Recently the SDN support person replied to me that they will consider my request in future development plan so i hope one day i will be able to go through all presentations and documents on my Mac.

Thanks for your inputs.

Amit

eddy_declercq
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you give the exact URL you want to look at and also provide the OS X version you're working with? I've just checked with Firefox and Camino and I can see everything (apart from some scrolling problems already mentioned in my web log).

Don't hope for a MIE solution. That's definitely history. Btw the MIE on Mac wasn't the same as MIE on Win.

Eddy

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member10945
Contributor
0 Kudos

Since the upgrade it appears Safari works fine with SDN... I'm posting this from Safari right now.

johna69
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Thanks for the heads up. I am in Safari now too.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You could try to use Firefox under Mac-OS X, this works rather good.

Armin