cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Byte data not transferred from Application service to Web Service.

manish_sethi
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have created a Web Service (actually a EJB deployed on Netwever 2004s SP16) which accepts byte[] as input for creating a file on KM.

The WS works fine when executed on WSNavigator in 7.0 but when I import the same WebService in NWDS CE 7.1 SP6 and create an Application service for the same and deploy the same on CE 7.1 SP6 server, the Web Service (on the Portal 7.0 side) always recieveds a null byte[] input whereas all the other input parameters are sent sucessfully.

Can anyone please provide the solution for this issue ASAP.

Regards,

Manish

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

snehal_kendre
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

How are you sending byte[] data?

try to check in your WD that wheather byet[] data is added in your context or not before executing the WS.

if possible try to create objects of each modelclass in your model, and set there values instead of using currentmodelelement and set values. in this way you will be able to see in WD itself, that object is created or not.

manish_sethi
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Snehal,

I am actually trying to pass the byte[] through the Application service exposed as WS, when you test the WS in the WSNavigator, it gives you an option to Upload the file.

I have tried to debug and find out that the data is being transferred to the Application Service(dfault mapped to the WS), but the byte[] is not transferred to the WS, all other parameters are trasnferred.

Regards,

Manish

snehal_kendre
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

just tell me what is your input parameter..is it a file or proper byte[] (array)

manish_sethi
Participant
0 Kudos

Its a BASE64BINARY (byte[] in the method signature) input, however when an input parameter of this type is used for an AS and when the AS is exposed as a a WS, in the WSNavigator while testing the WS it gives an option to Upload a file wherever a byte[] input is required.