Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Matchcode

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi !

Could anyone please help me in creating a matchcode as I am totally unaware of creating a search help with search help exit.

I have to create a search help which will have the following fields -KUNNR,NAME1,MC_NAME1,NAME2,CITY1,STREET,STR_SUPPL3,LOCATION,SORT1,SORT2,POST_CODE1,HOUSE_NUM1,COUNTRY. I have to create a search help with the above fields in inpiut as well as output and using a search help exit so that the case-sensitivity is eliminated of.

Please help with advice.

Thanks

Aarav

3 REPLIES 3

Sm1tje
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well, just start off and go to transaction SE11, where one can create a search help.

Next define all your search input and output parameters and define a selection method. This will be the database table from which the data should be retrieved. If this table is not available yet, define one yourself (a database view for example with one or more database tables linked together).

There is also an input field for the search help exit. have a look at the example search help provided by SAP (F4IF_SHLP_EXIT_EXAMPLE). Create a function module with the exact same interface as this example in se37. In here you can do your coding, for which probably loads and loads of examples can be found elsewhere on SDN.

Good luck.

Former Member
0 Kudos