Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configuation and Customization

rajendra_prasad17
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear friends,

I have been asked a question in one of the interview that is 'What is Configuration and What is Customisation'... I couldnot able to answer it as i dont have implementiaon experiece. Then I have asked to two or three seniors in the field of SAP who are realtime employess... But answers are different. Some says both are same in SAP...and others have said both are different to each other but they dont know the correct definition...

What is Customisation ?

What is Configuration ?

What is System Modification ? is it the same as Customisation and/or Configuration ?

Pls any one can help in this regard by clear explanation with some suitable expamples.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Both the terms are actully synonyms i.e having same meaning. However, the difference in general is termed as under:

Configuation: Configuring the settings without modification in coding. i.e making the relevant setting to meet the objective of scenario.

Customization: is understood as development required in standard SAP Coding or considering the requirement writing a new code.

Regards,

Rajesh Banka

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

CONFIGURATION: Process of mapping clients business requirements with already existing SAP Standards thro SPRO

CUSTOMIZATION: Process of mapping clients business requirements with some changes(as per clients requirement)as against existing SAP Standards and there by developing your own customized reportsi.e Z reports

Example order ->delivery->pgi---> billing this std SAP ProcessIf client follows this this can be configured in Std SAP This is CONFIGURATION

If your Client wants in some cases Billing to be done before PGI then it can be done in copy controls thro a routine

This scenario is CUSTOMIZATION

jHope it is clear to you

_There is major difference in the logics of both_

Both are not same

In real time scenarios where request for proposal of SAP implementain are given to clients there are areas mentioned where customization is reqd and configuration is enough

If anybody tells both are same you can confidently conclude they dont know SAP logics

Regards

Raja

Edited by: ramanathan raja on Oct 15, 2008 10:29 PM

Edited by: ramanathan raja on Oct 15, 2008 10:32 PM

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Rajendra Prasad

Check this thread

[Configuration Vs Customisation |]

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi