cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Long Delay When Trying To Edit sales and purchase orders - Locked By User

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Guys,

I have in issue could anyone of you help me out in clearing the issue.

Problem Description:

When a user attempts to edit a document (Sales Order, Purchase Order,Delivery) that has just been created, they are told that they cannot because the document is locked by themselves (same user who has *created the document).

After a variable delay (30 seconds - many minutes), the lock is cleared and the user is allowed to edit.

The frequency of the issue is increasing. We are now seeing user complaints on a daily basis which is having a negative impact on production.

It does not appear to be related to excessive system activity as we have had this issue occur with a single user active on the system.

Even v have upgraded the kernel to latest one and increased

the profile parameter enque/table_size to 10MB.But still the error occurs in the system.

My feeling is that this is either a profile parm or DB configuration issue.

I would be greatful if anyone could please look into the issue and help m eout at the earliest.

Thanks & Regards,

Pradeep Srigiri

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

My Database version is Microsoft SQL Server 2005

Hoping for a quick response.

Thanks in advance

Pradeep Srigiri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Could you please confirm the below thing.

1)Where does the db_cache_size parameter live

2)What is the recommended size

The Physical Memory is 18 GB.

Please suggest.

Thanks in advance

Pradeep Srigiri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

to set this parameter, you have calculate your memory availability.

currently, can you tell me :

- how many physical memory you have ?

- current value of db_cache_size ?

rgds,

Alfonsus Guritno

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alfusos,

This error occurs for all users for activities purchase order,sales order and delivery.

We didnot update the kernel before this error encountered.

There is no error in SM21 transaction.

Could you please tell what is the recomended value for db_cache_size?

Please suggest.

Thanks in advance

Pradeep Srigiri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Pradeep,

Kindly have a look at this note 1090114 this should resolve your issue. Looks like commit gets triggered after certain objects and causing the locking.

Regards

Vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

before we can investigate your problem, can you explain if the same problem took place :

- for all user you have ? or only a single user ?

- for all transaction ? (eg creating PR, PO, Transfer Order, Sales Order, Reservation etc.) ?

Additional checklist ?

- before this case raised, is there any changes made to your system ? update kernel etc ?

we have experienced this case for almost all transaction code few weeks ago, when our sytem performance is down. on a discussion with experties, we are performing trial and error for tuning some parameters. when we are reduce the size of db_cache_size and increase the db_writer_process, we are facing the same problem as you. after we are reverting this value back to the original value, this delay issue is clear now. And now we have increased the number of db_cache_size about five times bigger (compensated with physical memory addition to our system) and now our system is working well.

could you check your size of db_cache_size ?

is there any error yan be seen from SM21 ? any error from OS level? from storage level ?

ask your OS and storage vendor to check hand-in-hand with you to localize your problem.

hope this approach can help you.

rgds,

Alfonsus Guritno

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

I'm not so sure that this is a profile parameter issue. I'm not an expert on SO's, but it could be that they use a V3 update, which is asynchronous and low priority. I don't believe the real problem is technical, though. Why are user's attempting to edit documents that have just been created (in the last 30 seconds!) in the first place? It seems to me that they are doing something wrong that they need to edit the order just after creating it. Sounds like a training opportunity to me.

People often look to the technical to solve what are really human process problems.

Best Regards,

Matt