Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Total Tickets for month / Total Closed / Total Remain Open / Total Reassign

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, I'm hoping someone can help.

I need to figure out how to do the following:

I need a report which shows the total number of calls received within a given period of time (example from 9/15/08 to 10/15/08, allowing the user to select the dates).

From that total number of tickets, I need it broke down to how many of those tickets were closed within that same time period; how many remain open and of the tickets remaining open, how many were reassigned.

I'm pulling this information from HEAT Call Logging System.

I hope someone can help.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gary,

To get the required information you may have to write 3 formulas :

formula1

Numbervar closed;

if TicketStatus = 'Closed"

Then

Closed:=Closed+1;

Closed;

formula2

Numbervar open;

if TicketStatus = 'Open"

Then

open:=open+1;

open;

formula3

Numbervar reassign;

if TicketStatus = 'Reassign"

Then

reassign:=reassign+1;

reassign;

Now place these formulas on your report details section and insert summaries to get the total count.

Thanks,

Sastry

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your response.

I have tried this and everything seems to be working except for the 'reassign' section. When I try using this it throws the figures off for the other fields and the 'reassign' field comes back with 0.00.

Any other thoughts?

Also, with that in mind. Do you know how to remove the .00 from the end of the totals?

Thanks again.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've been working alittle more with Crystal Reports and know alittle more about how to create formulas.

I've taken the information you have given and created a few formulas.

With this formula, I am trying to get a number of all tickets that are not closed.

Numbervar TicketsOpen;

if {CallLog.CallStatus} <> "Closed"

Then

TicketsOpen:=TicketsOpen+1;

TicketsOpen;

For some reason when the formula gives me the total count, it is adding 1 for each assignment within the ticket. So if I have 10 tickets that are not closed and 3 of them have 2 assignment pages, it is giving me a total count of 13 (10 open tickets + 3 additional assignments).

In my Select Expert I have it broken down by {CallLog.RecvdDate} in {@StartDateFormula} to {@EndDateFormula} and {CallLog.RecvdBy} with a list of associates.

I have tried to figure out a way to suppress the additional assignments if the Call.ID is the same, but Section Expert for the Report Footer does not allow for suppressing for duplicate information and I'm not sure how to write this into the above formula.

Any ideas?

Thanks again.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Create 3 running totals like

#Closed:

--add the summary field
--select summary as count
--use formula for evaluate and write the formula like
TicketStatus = "Closed"

#Open:

--add the summary field
TicketStatus = "Open"

#Reassign:

--add the summary field
TicketStatus = "Reassign"

place these running totals in report footer

Regards,

Raghavendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

This sounds like it should be simple and I apologize if it is.

When I create a summary, the options are to select a field, it does not allow to select items from within the field. So when I create the summary, it is 'counting' every response within the field. (ex. If I select the field 'Call Status' it will count all of the status's).

Any other ideas?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

When you create the new running total then select the field "Call Status" and add the summary as count and in Evaluate select use formula and paste the formula like

="closed"

Now for reset select the group after which this total has to reset. If there are no groups then no need to select.

Also if you want to format the total without decimals then right click on the total field go to format field and in number tab select the required format.

Hope this helps!

Raghavendra