cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Planned order created after mrp run instead of purchase req

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am facing a strange problem about planned order being created after mrp run jobs runs in background instead of purchase req. This is happening randomly. In the material master MRP view 2 procurement type is F and in the varient for the MRP job the in Purchase requisition control parmater 1 is marked that is purchase requisition. Also planning file is having the entry once there is shortage and hence MRP run is there always if there is shortage of material.

With Regards

Tarun

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member196398
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Tarun,

MRP processing parameter used by you for "Create Purchase Requisation" field in MRP run intial screen is currently "2", what this means is that after MRP run, it creates purchase requisitions within the opening period and planned orders outside the opening period.

If you double click the planned order you can see the Opening date.

If you always want PR to be created then use parameter "1" - Instead of "2".

Regards,

Prasobh

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tarun,

As mentioned in earlier 2 messages, this might be due to material type and scheduling parameters. Also check the pleanning horizon purchase requisition settings for the the planning horizon in the MRP run. I guess if your order is outside the planning horizon it will create only planned orders (no PR)

Hope this works

Thanks

Ashutosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tarun,

Please maintain the control parameters as

Processing Key NETCH

Create Purchase Requisition 1

Sched. Agreement Schedule Line 3

Create MRP List 1

Planning Mode 1

Scheduling 1

Please let me know the results.

Regards,

satyajit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tarun,

What is the material type?? Is it ROH or HALB/FERT??

My understanding is that if the material is ROH, then only it will create purchase req otherwise it will create planned order. I will let other SAP Guru's to comment on this.

-Swapnil