Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Bank config: Duplicate Bank Key with a unique House Bank - FF_5 Fails

Currently we have a problem where in FI12 we have unique House Bank (JPMC, BKOne), but the Bank key is the same 9 digit number. When we run FF_5 to import our BAI it fails on the sub accounts for the JPMC and does not fail for BKONE. My guess is it fails on JPMC sub accounts because when FF_5 program is run it looks only in the BKONE and does not find the sub accounts. Is there a way to get the BAI (FF_5) import to look at the unique house bank instead of the Bank Key? Is the Bank key suppose to be unique for each unique House Bank? HELP we are in Production with a broken import of BAI. (our previous employee did not know what they were doing!)

replied

When FF_5 is importing the BAI file, the only information it has is what is in the file - the bank key and bank account number - and it has to find your bank accounts based on that. It sounds like it's using the first house bank it finds with the correct bank key and then looks at the accounts for that. I'm also guessing that in your BAI file, you only have one 02 record for the bank key - which means FF_5 is probably finding the house bank when it reads that record - and then using that house bank for all accounts (03 records) that follow (it's not redetermining the bank key for each account). To get FF_5 to handle two house banks with the same bank key, I think is going to take a decent amount of customization (in the form of ABAP code). So, if as you said, it's just a case of the former employee not knowing what they were doing when setting up the house banks, I think your best option is to just move all the account IDs to one house bank - and delete the other house bank (or at least update the bank key field so the value is no longer the same as the one you're going to use going forward).

Regards,

Shannon

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question