cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User A cannot modify report in Favourites which is copied from other folder

Former Member
0 Kudos

User A cannot modify report in Favourites , which is copied from other folder where user A do not have report Edit /Modify permissions.

How do I make sure User A can modify this copied report in his favourites.

He can click on modify but after launching JAVA it just sits there and report never opens in edit mode.

User has Vista workstation.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would say...got to the individual report within the Favorites and check the user's rights on it. You should be looking in particular for the checkbox which says "<reportname> will inherit rights from its parent folders".

When you moved the object from another public folder to the favorites, it probably is still associating the user's rights to the old parent folder.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The report in favourites inherits 'full control" rights from its parent folder i.e' users folder'. But still user cannot modify report.

Any idea why?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does the user have access to the Universe it is based on? What error do you get when trying to modify? I think you said you do see the "Edit" option in the webi report...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes user has rights to Universe. Because he can design his own webi report ans save and edit it.

But he cannot edit report copied from a different folder where he do not have edit rights.

Yes user can see 'Modify' tab at report level and he can click it too.. But then after JAVA is launched.. windows sits there trying to open report in edit mode and it cannot go anywhere.

Any idea..

Former Member
0 Kudos

For a quick test about permission...can you try changing the user's report panel from Java to HTML and see if it goes anywhere?

BasicTek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

just to verify, you are not receiving an access denied error but rather the report seems like it will open but nothing happens?.

I would imagine that something is wrong with the client JVM, Is this behavior on multiple computers? What version/patch of XI and what JVM version are you using?

You should have 1.4/1.5 if XIR2 SP2 and below. I think 1.6 is supported after XIR2 SP3.

Also try clearing your java cache in control panel

Regards,

Tim