cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asset Transfer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

I want to transfer one asset to many assets. Please could any one help me step by step?

Ex: I have asset A with some value.

I want to transfer this A value to B, C and D. And also I want to retire the asset A.

Thanks in advance,

Krishna

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This was solved by my self.

Thanks for all your help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your help. I would like to raise one more point.

Business need Opening balance for the year and YTD values also to be passed to the new assets.

Please could you suggest me?

Thanks again,

Krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

If you perform the partial transfers in the current-year the opening balance will remain with the old asset and the YTD balance will be transferred to the new assets. One way to have opening and YTD balances in new assets is to re-open prior-year and perform partial transfers in the prior-year. I do not recommend re-opening the prior-year unless it is absolutely necessary.

Thanks,

Chad

Former Member
0 Kudos

In case you are doing a full transfer, your original acquisition value and accum depreciation amount does get transfer to the new target asset but I doubt that in partial transfer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks to you all.

Yes. I need the original acquisition value to be transfer to the new assets and YTD values also. Please could any one help me?

Is there any other transaction where we can transfer partial amount to another asset with original acquisition value (Partial acquistion value) and YTD values?

Thanks in advance,

Krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

can you show an example of how exactly you want to achieve this with partial transfers? give an example with the original/partial acquisition value and the YTD values transferring from asset A to B, C and D. May be someone can help after looking at your example

Former Member
0 Kudos

try tcode ABUMN if its intra company transfer or ABT1N if its Inter-company transfer... and do partial transfer to Asset "B", "C", and "D". Once all the values are transfered from Asset "A" you wont have to retire it.. its automatically retired and deactivated.

hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

Go to transaction ABUMN (if it's an intra-company transfer):

- Enter asset code of asset "A", in Asset field.

- Enter document, posting & value dates (value date has to be the date from which the depn. needs to be charged to the new asset).

- Select "Existing asset" radio button

- Enter asset code of asset "B" there

- Go to partial transfer tab & enter the amount to be transferred.

- Simulate & check the entries that'll be posted & then post.

- Repeat the same steps for other two assets as well.

- Once you do this, original asset will be retired automatically.

Regards,

Inoka.

Edited by: Kumari Inoka on Oct 16, 2008 11:59 AM