Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I locate Text Descriptions for Material Master Changes

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm working on a report (AVL) to display the changes to material master records.

I know that I can use CDHDR and CDPOS tables using CHANGEDOCUMENT_READ_HEADERS and CHANGEDOCUMENT_READ_POSITIONS functions get change information, and the results that I get back do match the changes that MM03 displays.

However, when you drill down on these changes in MM03 the system displays what seems to be the items for the previous screen, on this screen it displays descriptions that the FM's above dont return, I see from a debug sessions that these descriptions are TEXT's (like message id text's TEXT-025) but i cant figure out how the system fills these texts.

I tried looking at table BDCP and BDCPV and this does get a bit closer but I still cant retrieve the descriptions

Has anobody come across this before.

Thanks,

Conor.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

former_member194669
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think you want the descriptions of the text-id's then

read textpool <Main program Name> into i_textpool language sy-langu.

2 REPLIES 2

former_member194669
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think you want the descriptions of the text-id's then

read textpool <Main program Name> into i_textpool language sy-langu.

0 Kudos

Thanks aRs

I have just got to the point in a debug session where the text in quetion (TEXT-025) was filled, the main program was SAPMM03A and then I went to Txn SE32 for the program and low and behold, there she was along with all the other possible change descriptions.

Conor