cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Huge data sinchronization on MAM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I work on a project which implemented MAM 2.5 SR2 as a pilot on a limited area in the company. The next phase is to implement it to all the company, and we are now facing a new problem: there is a huge amount of master data to sinchronize to the PDAs.

As a test-of-concept, I tried the worst case scenario here on the development environment: I'm now trying to sinchronize approximately 15000 functional locations and 40000 measurement points.

However, the background job which sinchonizes the Timed 2-Way SyncBOs (using MEREP_REPLICATOR_START program) once a day started running yesterday and has not stopped yet (it's still running the step that sinchronizes SyncBO MAM25_030). Before, when we used around 2000 functional locations and 12000 measurement points, the sinchronization took less than 30 minutes.

So the question is: is there a limit to the number of functional locations and measurement points one can use? Is it normal to take so long to sinchronize, even for a large amount of data like this one?

Thanks,

Daniel

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

Does it make sense that one PDA/User handles 15000 or 2000 functional locations from the busniess aspect size.

I have a document that describes the testing for Synchronization that was done by SAP on MAM 2.5 SR2 and here is a sample of the results for the largest data set.

Entity \ Realized Data Set

Orders 250

Operations 1250

Order Partners 1250

Order Components 1250

Order Object list 250

User Statuses 250

Notifications 200

Notification Items 400

Notification Tasks 400

Notification Causes 400

Notification Activities 400

User statuses 200

Equipment 1000

Notifications History for Equipment 2000

Orders History for Equipment 2000

Equipment Contracts 1000

Equipment Partners 5000

Equipment Installed Equipments 5000

Equipment Classification data 5000

Functional Location 1000

Notifications History for Functional Locations 2000

Orders History for Functional Locations 2000

Functional Location Contracts 1000

Functional Location Partners 5000

Functional Location Installed Equipments 5000

Functional Location classification data (5 per FL) 5000

Inventory (spare Parts) 2067

Partners 10

Partner Contracts 85

Partner Contacts 50

Measurement points 2000

Measurement document history 2000

Catalog Codes 842

volume of inbound container (MB) 30.9

The Results are:

volume of inbound container (MB) 30.9

PXA272 Initial Download time (sec) 2394

average screen response time (sec) 3.5

• PXA272 is a device with this description:

Device Name HP iPAQ

Processor Xscale 272 / 520 MHz

Operating System PPC2003 Second Edition

Memory / Storage 128 MB

The MI Client and MI server were sp13 and the client used DB2E 8.2

Hope this helps,

-wael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Is this document that you mention is an official SAP document. I am trying to write a section of a document that is related to the time response of a synchronization and this may help me. Can you can provide me a link for the document? Thanks in advance.

att

Jose L.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Frank,

Thanks a lot, the second variant made the sinchronization time between middleware and backend shorter. We still have problems when downloading the data to the PDAs, though.

Wael,

Yes, it makes sense, because here in our client (a gas company) we have a lot of locations that will receive maintenance. For some of them, we can direct only the maintenance orders to the PDAs, and the functional locations and measurement points will go along with the orders (as "children" SyncBOs, I guess).

But for most of them, the orders are open to a functional location that is a "group" of other functional locations. It is done by assigning the order to the funcloc "father" and then using the "children" as objects of the order. We need the "children" there because part of the order process consists of measuring and creating measurement documents for the measurement points of the "children".

When we assing the functional locations as objects of the order and assign an order to the PDA, however, these functional locations and their measurement points aren't downloaded to the PDA, so the order can't be done.

The only option we see is downloading all the possible functional locations to the PDA so that when we assign the orders, the objects of the order will also be there (including the links to them in the order).

The problem with this option is that we have a LOT of functional locations (> 10000) and each one of them have 2 measurement points. We are trying to divide the maintenance area into regions to make these numbers smaller, but there is a limit to what we can do. That's why I'm testing to see how much we can download to a single PDA without crashing it (so far, it downloaded 5000 funclocs and 10000 measurement points but we found another limitation besides the memory space and the sinchronization time: the MAM list builder is not prepared to handle this amount of data so when we click in the funclocs list it will return an error).

Thanks,

Daniel

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Daniel,

I need some help from you. It seems you have used MAM over PDA. I wanted to know which type of PDA you are using and what is the exact configuration of the same.

I am really facing problem in deploying MAM on PDA Pocket PC 2003 HP-IPAQ.

Please refer to the forum thead

Please see if you can provide input on the mentioned problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

if your amount of master data is to large to replicate within a certain time frame, you could switch to server driven replication for functional locations, equipments and business partners. After an initial replication of all data sets the backend only transfers delta data to the middleware. This should reduce replication time dramatically. Take a look at Sap Note 783147 for server driven replication for functioinal locations and equipments.

Hope that helps.

Greetings

Alexander

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

for the SynBo MAM25_030 and MAM25_031 SAP delivers a new selection report with shorter duration time. To use the faster report you have to fill the second varint in the MAster Data Selection of the MAM Customizing(not the first one).

Regards

Frank