cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Steps afer system upgrade

Former Member
0 Kudos

Our Source system (R3) is going to be upgraded soon to ECC6.0 from 4.6c. Our Qual system is already upgraded. and we had issues w.r.t Delta loads, RSA7 entries, Replicate metadata on rt clicking Source system in RSA1.

Though I managed all that somehow, without any proper sequence of steps, I dont want to do that way in Prod systems.

Now when our R/3 P system will be down for 3 days, what actions i have to take in R/3 and BI systems, so that i can do smoothly after the system is available.

I plan to extract all delta before the system down. then delete Init loads from RSA7 ? (Will datasources change after upgrade, & Do i have to do the replicate metadata ?)

Can anyone pls give me steps in sequence ?

thanks

venkat

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

closing the thread.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is a big upgrade.

Even before the upgrade started you should've looked at how the extractors changed. There are quite a few changes in the extractors.

Then you should've tested the extractors that you are actively using to make sure that data is being pulled correctly, delta/full loads are working fine. Any customizations that you have are working fine, etc

If you found errors and a way to correct them or had to apply notes to correct problems, then those should be documented and the same done in Production too.

As far as production goes, make sure that all your V3 jobs are stopped and all extract queues are empty. Then do multiple delta pulls for all datasources, irrespective of whether they are LO or non LO till you get 0 records.

This'll ensure that you don't lose any delta data.

Post upgrade, make sure all your extractors are active, and if your delta queue is pointing to the new system.

Then make sure all your transfer rules/transformations are active. The problem with replication of datasources is if certain structures have changed then, you'll face a problem.

But these kind of things should've been caught in the testing before moving to Production.

Ideally before going to Production you should do a cut over and mock of all the steps you are going to perform in Production after the upgrade.

Cheers,

Kedar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kedar

Thank you so much for your reply.

I didnt face any problems with transformations activation in Qual system. (when R3 qual is upgraded to ECC).

Yes, I planned to reextract till I see 0 records in RSA7 (we have just 4 queues). Then my doubt is if i have to leave the queues there or better delete these queues from RSA7? (ofcourse, stop/delete the SM37 job which fills RSA7). I might find the queues in Red later.

Yes, there is a cut over period of 6-10 hrs time, during that period, I have to establish all the Delta queus in RSA7. My worry is Replicating the metadata (which tells me there are 3.x datasources).