cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cal Day variable value stays static when Broadcasted

adam_rench2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello - I created a report and I have a variable for Calendar Day (Single Value Entry, Required). When the user runs this report it works fine becuase they can choose the date on the variable screen.

BUT, when I broadcast the view of the query, the date stays the same as it was entered on the variable screen when I saved the view. I would like the broadcaster to choose today's date for Calendar Day instead of the view's saved value. How can I dynamically have that date populated to today's date when using the broadcaster?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

adam_rench2
Participant
0 Kudos

No way around this. Must create program.

former_member205352
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

For broadcasting you need to save variants.

These variants will be in RSRVARIANT table.

You can write a program to update this variable with sy-datum and schedule the program before broadcast.

Hope this helps.

adam_rench2
Participant
0 Kudos

I was trying to use variants, but the requirement is to use a web template as the broadcast and to have 5 queries on the web template. We are still on 3.5 front end and there isn't a place to specify a variant for each query on the web template. Is there a way to specify the variant in the 3.5 WAD?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Praveen,

RSRVARIANT will not work out as in BI7 variants will not be saved there what we create through BEx Designer(Broadcast) rather RSRPARAMETRIZA table keeps track of that (in field CONTENT in form of XML). Thus, we have to write ABAP code to parse that XML string (CALL TRANSFORMARION) or use some pattern matching technique (FIND statement)

in order to make RSRVARIANT work, we have to migrate relevant BW7 objects to BW3.5

Alok