cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Formatted Search

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can anyone point me to a tips and tricks section for formatted searches? I'm not talking about the basics with sql and stuff. I'm talking about something that will explain how to use the advanced features like

$[$35.1.0]

or

$[user]

Things like that. I've been searching for documentation on any of this stuff, and I can't find it.

In the meantime I'm really trying to figure out how to choose the value in a column in a matrix based on which row is selected.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The first one is easy to find. Because when you select View-System Information, you can always get that information. If you already know that but need a documentation for all the number in one big list, I don't see any as of now.

The same applies to the second. If you need a complete list of the run time system value like $[user\].

Regarding how to choose the value in a column in a matrix based on which row is selected, I am afraid you are trying to get the row level info to header. That will not be available. Only the first line can be retrieved. Nothing else.

Thanks,

Gordon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the quick reply.

So you can't access anything but the first row...

It information like this that I'm trying to find. I barely know how the first one works. I just pieced together some information on the forums to figure it out. I don't need a list of all the fields (as you said, it's available through system info), but I didn't know if you could access multiple rows or anything. Also, for some reason, it appears I can put any number for the last number, and it grabs the same value. I didn't know why that happened.

I didn't know if there are other tricks out there. Can I access a different form's values (one that is open), etc? Are there other structures outside of matrixes that I can access in this way? What are all the system variables like 'user'. I figured this information must be somewhere.

Thanks again.

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Mosley,

The data in the grid is stored in a temp location and is not accessible from the forms through Formatted Search. Generally if you have a formatted search on the header and if you seek the row level value the resulting data would be from the first row.

But in reality it is the context row whose value is picked. If you want to place you cursor on the 2nd or 3rd row and then fire the formatted search then the value from that row would be picked.

FMS are very powerful but if you could give a complete picture of your requirement it will be easier to explain.

Good luck

Suda

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mosley

There are 2 formats for referring to run-time values. Run-time values are values filled in on forms that have not yet been committed to the tables through an Add or Update function. I will use Squiggle brackets instead of square brackets as the forum replaces the square brackets as hyperlinks. The formats are as follows:

1. Refer to table and field: $ - Open Square Bracket - Table Name - Period - Field Name - Period - Type - Close Square Bracket

This looks like this ${$OCRD.CardCode} or ${OINV.DocDate.DATE} or ${OINV.DocTotal.CURRENCY} or ${OINV.DocTotal.NUMBER}

The DATE type is for dates, CURRENCY returns the currency key such as EUR and NUMBER returns the amount only. If you omit the Currency or Number Type on Amount fields, it will return a Character type such as EUR 10,000.

2. Refer to field ID: $ - Open Square Bracket - $ - Item - Period - Column No - Period - Type - Close Square Bracket.

This type of format uses the Item number which is displayed by hovering the mouse over any field in a form (View > System Information must be ticked). Column is only used when looking at a row field, for header fields this is set to 0. Also for type part you can set a 0 if not needed.

Examples are ${$4.0.0} which is the Customer/Supplier code in all Marketing documents.${$38.17.NUMBER} returns the price after discount without the currency key.

Hope this helps

Kind regards

Peter Juby