cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The actual posted document number is :

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

There is UDO with manageseries = true. Series and DocNum fileds are binded to database (Combobox And Edittext). I can easly get next number and assign to Docnum field while selecting series from Combobox. The problem is when i choose series diferent than default and add document i get warning message "The actual posted document number is :XXXXXXX". No matter which series i choose system always takes default one. I found other threads accourding to this issue but no solution found.

Best regards

Przemek

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Przemek,

it is very much possible to do what you want. I faced the same error and solved by binding the series combo box to original 'series' column of document table. just recheck your binding.

regards,

Binita

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi..

Ur using user defined form means delete combo box and create

again and bind it.

Regards...

Billa 2007

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Yes Form is mine, will check it.

Best regards Przemek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Combo removed, rebind and still the same situation.

This is a xml of that item from Screen Painter :

<item uid="ros_seria" type="113" left="56" tab_order="0" width="80" top="10" height="14"
 visible="1" enabled="1" from_pane="0" to_pane="0" disp_desc="0" right_just="0" description="" linkto=""
 forecolor="-1" backcolor="-1" text_style="0" font_size="-1" supp_zeros="0"
 AffectsFormMode="1"><AutoManagedAttribute/><specific AffectsFormMode="1"
 TabOrder="0"><ValidValues><action type="add"/></ValidValues><databind databound="1"
 table="@ROS_TRANS" alias="Series"/></specific></item>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Przemek,

why don't you use UDO form generator for UDO forms? they are best maintained by them.

Binita

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Przemyslaw,

I researched on this issue a little bit and found out that changing the next number is an old functionality (in B1) which was developed for the old product at the time when it didn't have serials for documents in the system.

It was designed for purchasing side only. It was designed for changing the next number only.

System doesn't support change of initial number. It is not meant for sales side and the reason was that having gaps

numbering in sales side is illegal.

However, now that system has serials, the proper way to solve the reported issue is defining new series with the required numbering. Again there can be no gaps in between the serial numbers in a particular series.

So in turn the sytem automatically takes the default one, instead of the one which we define in our addon codes.

Hope the above helps.

Regards

Arshdeep