cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Development and consolidation same system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Can i declare both the development and consolidation as the same system without specifying test and production system in a track? If yes then is there any other factors to be considered?

Also the SC state is in grey whereas if i click synchronize DC dependencies it turns green. Any suggestions on this?

Regards,

Anand

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks...

snehal_kendre
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

Can i declare both the development and consolidation as the same system without specifying test and production system in a track?

you can declare development and consolidation as the same system. but then you wont be able to distnguish between the changes you made.

keeping consolidation virtual is an good option than keeping development and consolidation as the same system.

and without specifying test system is not a good option, test system should have to be there, as at that stage only you assemble and check you development as a complete application.

Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It is not necessary to declare a runtime system for both Development and Consolidation. You can have Consolidation be a "virtual" system in your CMS track, with no attached runtime system, and it will work just fine.

--Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anad,

I think that you would like to connect two stages like Consolidation and Development to one runtime System. If your search in this forums "Options for runtime systems", you will get plenty of threads discussing about this issue. In my experience it's not a good practice and there is a possibility to override the changes once you done an import from DEV System to CONS and that's not good too.

Thanks

Krishna