cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pick and Pack Manager - Many Backorders for same item -To release qty issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am having an issue with Pick and Pack Manager and the "To Release" field.

We have several backorders for the same item. We are in a production environment, and we release sales orders as the production orders are received.

The problem I am having is when the shipping manager goes to make a delivery, there is no qty to release for the sales order he is trying to ship.

The reason being is that there is another sales order that has a qty in the "To Release" field. Making the "Avail to Release" = 0 for the sales order he wants to ship.

I would like the "To Release" field to be blank, so he can look at the "Avail to Release" qty and ship to whom they choose.

I know the workaround is to clear the "To Release" field for all the sales orders for that item, but this is not ideal. I want the "To Release" field to remain empty.

Does anyone know a solution to this? I hope I explained it clearly.

Thanks,

John Sefton

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

John,

If you are selecting the specific item on the main selection screen, then you can work with the due dates so that only the particular order required to be shipped will be shown.

FMS is an option but on the Pick and Pack screen I would validate it twice before using..

Suda

Former Member
0 Kudos

THank you Peter and Suda.

Suda, your reply provided the answer I needed.

Thank you as always!

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John

Create a query "SELECT 0". Then add a Formatted Search on the To Release column and select your saved query. Set it to refresh on anything and select REFRESH REGULARLY. This will set all rows to zero in that column. Just bear in mind that this is not standard practice and that you are overriding a calculation field.

Kind regards

Peter Juby