Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DeliveryOrder Identification

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good Day

Experts:

I am interested in finding out how to tell the difference between a DeliveryOrder generated from the Copy TO button at the bottom of the SalesOrder screen and a DeliveryOrder

geenrated from our AddOn Delivery Order generate routine based.

In comparing the 2 examples using the ODLN records for each, I found 2 columns with differeing data in the table that might help me out but I am not sure.

Series DataSource

CopyTo Btn 3 I

AddOn Gen 27 O

What do you think? How can I tell the difference between the two?

Thanks,

Ed

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member201110
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ed,

The DataSource property will tell you whether the delivery was created through the user interface or via the DI API. This field exists on most objects in SBO and can take the following values:

N	Unknown
I	Interface
U	Update
M	Import
O	DI API
A	Doc. Generation Wizard
D	Restore Wizard
P	Partner Implementation
T	Year Transfer

If the DataSource value is 'O' then the DI API was used to add the document. Of course, this could be any addon that uses the DI API so it is not 100% proof that the delivery was created by your addon. If you want to exclude deliveries that were created by other addons then you'd have to store some sort of unique identifier on the delivery when your addon adds a delivery (eg add a UDF to the delivery header with a default of 'N' and set it to 'Y' when your addon creates a delivery). Another approach would be to use a different number series for your deliveries (this is the series field).

Kind Regards,

Owen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the help Owen,

Ed

Answers (0)