cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Supply Plant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear friend ,

can u please tell me whether supply plant is related to sales organization or it is independent.

how to get the supply plant .

please help me.

Regards,

selvamuthukumar.N

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

Please explain me in more details........

Sandip

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I believe you are reffering to 'Delivering plant'. We assign the delivering plant to Sales org / Distribution channel combination.

Prase

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

In SPRO --> Entriprise structure --> Assignment --> SD --> Assign sales org/ distribution channel to plant.

There you assign the plant to the sales org & dist channel.

When you enter the sales order, you will 1st enter the sales area. After you enter the material. system will check this assignment & throw an error that plant is not maintained to the sales org.

So there is a dependency. That plant is inturn maintained in the MM01 --> Sales general plant / Sales org 1. If the assignment is not made, system will also throw an error mssg in MM01.

Regards,

Sivanand

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello, friend.

are you referring to 'delivering plant'? it is possible to source from a delivering plant other than the plants within a company code or a distribution chain (sales org + dist channel). an example of this would be in an intercompany scenario.

there are 3 ways for determining delivering plant, and these are by order of access:

1. customer-material info records

2. customer master

3. material master

regards.

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Plant has different functionalities in SAP with respect to their process in Logistics

In S.D It is Delivering plant

In M.M it is storage location

IN P.P it is Production plant

With regard to S.D your Delivering plant has to be assigned to the combination sales org and distribution chaneel in enterprise structure assignment

Then only you will able to process a sales order

In think supplying plant is more or less the same as delivering plant

Experts like Lakshmipathi ,G.S.L, Joganathan have to correct me if i am wrong

Regards

Raja