cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Original document cannot be printed twice error

Former Member
0 Kudos

SBO 2007A, PL 41

I want to print two copies of the Incoming Payments document as Banking >> Incoming Payments are created. Per the Help for 'Print Preferences: Per Document Tab'

Print Document: Select to print immediately when the document is created.

For Incoming Payments, I have checked Print Document.

Copies (Incl. Original): This is displayed if Print Document is selected.

Enter the number of copies of the document to print when it is created. The number includes the original.

Therefore, if you want to print the original document and two copies, enter 3.

For Incoming Payments, I have entered 2 for the number of copies.

When I process an incoming payment, the payment processes correctly but only prints one copy and displays error message 'An original document cannot be printed twice. In the Print Preferences window choose to print a single copy only.'

I used to be able to print 2 copies this way in 2005. Is this a change in 2007?

TIA.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'll look for the fix in an upcoming patch.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Cindy

I got the same error when I tested on 2007A PL42. Must be a change in SAP Business One. A work around would be to change the field on the header that relates to Printed, and put a text box stating "Original". Alternatively, add a User Defined Field called NumOfCopies and find a way to set this once a second Original has been printed. On the layout, make formula fields that check for Y/N on printed and the status of the UDF to determine whether Original or Copy are printed. The printed field changes to "Y" as soon as the first copy (original) is printed. I would log with SAP to get a permanent solution.

Kind regards

Peter Juby

gagan_thareja
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Cindy,

This is a known issue. Please refer to the NOTE 1262165.

If this helps then kindly close this thread.

Regards,

Gagan Thareja