cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PO problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sir i want to create po with respect to material type with different no. ranges for different material type. In SAP how to do this costimization? Can u please guide me.

I am online.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am not sure what exactly you want to do. Whether you want to create PO with different number ranges or you want to create different material with different number ranges based upon the material type. So if its the second case, then you can define the number ranges and then assign them to different material type.

So for this you will have to go to SPRO>logistic General>Material Master>Basic Settings>Material Types-->Define number ranges for each material type.

Here you first define groups then assign the material types to all these groups by selecting the group and pressing F2 then selecting the Material type you want to change number ranges and then press F5. This will transfer the material type from the group1 to the group you created.

hence what ever is the number ranges that you have created for the group will be valid for the Material type for that number range group. you can follow the same and define the different number ranges.

I hope this is helpful. Please award points if it is.

Good luck

Anoop

Former Member
0 Kudos

sir thanks for your prompt reply.sir as per nyour suggestion when i tried to create number range with respect to mateial group i got following error:-

System error during group maintenance

Message no. NR899

Diagnosis

The system has identified an inconsistency in the tables for number range maintenance.

System response

Program termination.

Procedure

In most cases, you can overcome this by executing the report RSSNR0T1 (Consistency check and repair of number range intervals) This report lists the inconsistencies and eliminates them (with F11 = "Confirm").

Sir please tell me exactly in which tcode i will have to execute above report.

Thanks in advance.I am online.

Former Member
0 Kudos

SE38 to execute the report

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

pankaj_singh9
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is not possible in SAP standard.

You have to use following user exit and take help of ABAPer;