Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stock Movements between Sub-Contractors

carlo_devivo
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi to everyone,

Hope someone can help with this scenario :

Stock transfer between Sub-Contractors who use the same raw material.

I am trying to set up as follows;

The plant has two main vendors of raw material type "A", this is delivered to a sub-contractor who transforms the material "A" into material "B" and keeps this "B" material on stock as sub-contractor stock.

On request this "B" material needs to be transfered to different sub-contractors for additional transformation in to material type "C", only after this final step will the semi-finished material "C" be delivered to the plant for final transformation to end product.

Problem: How if possible can I transfer stock between sub-contractors for material "B" if possible in an automatic way through Purchase Orders and automatic mat. movements.

The above is all managed under the same plant code.

Thanks for any possible solutions

Regards Carlo

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check this link (special planning processes), and you are likely to get / find answer for your questions:

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_03/helpdata/EN/c4/106953ae8a11d1a6720000e83235d4/frameset.htm

Regards,

Csaba

carlo_devivo
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks for that, but my question is ref. to moving the raw material stock quantities between the different sub-contractors stock before it's transferred back to the plant as semi-finished material.

regards Carlo

Edited by: Carlo De Vivo on Oct 15, 2008 4:03 PM

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for that, but my question is ref. to moving the raw material stock quantities between the different sub-contractors stock before it's transferred back to the plant as semi-finished material.

My answer was given to your question.

If you apply subcontracting with MRP areas, your material provided to your subcontractor will get to you subcontractor special stock by mvt 101 'O' from a vendor or from another subcontractor.

Please read the material carefully.

Regards,

Csaba

carlo_devivo
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear Csaba,

Thanks very much for you help, excuse me for not looking in depth in your first answer.

regards Carlo

carlo_devivo
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear Csaba,

I would like some more info. if possible, I have now created MRP Areas but realise that it's not the solution I was looking for, but now I'm not able to delete the entries I have created.

Can you please help in any way.

regards

Carlo

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Carlo.

Here you can check what you can do:

(you can deactivate the MRP area in the material master of your goods, but you can remove MRP areas from customizing only if you archive them).

Regards,

Csaba

Edited by: Csaba Szommer on Nov 4, 2008 6:49 PM

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member218067
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can not have double third party subcontracting,since the material is processed at both places

You need to take the material in stock from Vendor 1 -A

And send it to 2-B with new PO

Diwakar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Carlo,

Let me try if i can help you in this.

So you are saying two vendors that is V1 and V2 and they deliver material A to subcontractor C1, which means its the you haveSubcontracting Vendor address as the delivery address in the initial PO for V1 and V2 hence they deliver A to to first subcontractore C1. No once the item is changed in to B it is then sent to second subcontractor C2.

Hence you can use the same PO setting to do this. What i suggest you should do is that create a material master record for this material B as well as for C (final one) and create a PO each for subcontractor for C1 create PO for Material B and the PO for C2 for Material C.

Now when the material B is ready you can ask C1 to deliver it to C2 and send the material Document one copy to you at the plan and hence you can do the Goods reciept and the material will actually be sent to C2 and as C2 will already has got the PO for material C he will send the final material along with the final document and that will close the process.

I guess for this you will have to create the BOM for each of these materials A,B and C and then perform a function of auto issue of components to the subcontractor which will change at different stages of the material A to and B to C respectively.

This is the first thought that has come to my mind and for automating this i guess you will have to speak to your ABAPer.

I hope this was helpful in atleast giving you a little idea.Award points if it is.

Good Luck

Anoop