cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DC Build Failed - Missing Component

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

From the context menu of a DC in a track after selecting "Create Project" (for modifying as local DC) it is showing errors due to "Missing Components" under "Used Web Dynpro Component" node.

In this process a window had asked for "Sync Development Component" ; I had proceeded with OK.

Why it is not copying/importing dependent components ?

Is there is any way to find out what exactly required DC's are instead of going through "Used Web Dynpro Components" ?

Thanks in Advance

Ananda

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ananda,

1) Make sure that the DCs added are :

a) properly activated

b) the 'Build Failed' status is 'no'

c) the 'Build needed' is also 'no'.

2) In the WD Explorer view of NWDS, right click on your project -> Development Component -> Sync Used DCs'. Select the required DCs from the list and do a sync.

3) Do a DC build for the project (right click on your project -> Development Component -> build).

Even after this, if you have problems, remove and add the Used DCs once more:

1) Under the path 'Dc Metadata -> DC Definition -> Used DCs', remove the corresponding DCs and add them once more from the active DCs list.

2) Under your component-> Used WebDynpro Components, select the DC, right click and select 'Edit Component Usage' and then select the corresponding DC through the browse button.

Hope this helps,

Best Regards,

Nibu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nibu

Many thanks. Actually the problem was in the DTR .

Regards

Ananda

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

the best solution is to sync ur sources ( ur Development Component )again. The used dcs at times are not copied due to network errors.

if you want to know the used dcs, "From the context menu of a DC" expand the tree to find the used dcs then and there.

I am referring to the active /inactive dcs tab in the development configurations perspective.

regards

vln

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ananda,

The publicParts that you are referring in your localDC may not be correct.So delete those public parts and add it again.

Example : if your localDC is referring to publicparts of DC "A" then create publicparts in DC "A" once again and build the DC "A".Nwow add the public parts in your localDC once again.

Best Regards, Anilkumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ananada,

Not sure why this happens. But whenever it happens, I remove & add the DCs once more (only used DCs, not used WD Components)and it works for me

Best Regards,

Nibu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nibu

Can you please elaborate <i>"only used DCs, not used WD Components"</i>.

Regards

Ananda

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

How to include in DC "Missing Component" from another DC

Thanks

Ananda

Yashpal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

go to ->DC MetaData->UsedDC->rightclick on it->addUsedDC then select the DC u want to use..... then refresh the addUsedDC node .............then try to bulid ur DC...

Regards,

Yash