cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sales order number...

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all,

i want to differentiate sales order number according to customer group. The same order type is being used. two caharacters of the number will be 10 for group1, and 20 for group2 etc. other six caharacters of the order number will be generated automatically by the system. for ex: first order number created by the system (for a customer of group1) is 10100001, second order number (for a customer of group1) is 10100002, third oder number (for a customer of group2) is 20100003. Numbers will be generated internally. how can i do this?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you dont want to use ABAP proceed as suggested by Jonathan. Else you can use exit USEREXIT_NUMBER_RANGE in program MV45AFZZ. You will have to maintain a zee table wherein the customer group wise number range numbers will be stored. In the exit write a select query to fetch the number range number from the zee table based on the customer group and pass it to the variable US_RANGE_INTERN. The number ranges for each number range number will have to be maintained using SNUM transaction.

Regards,

GSL.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello, friend.

i understand your requirements. but if your client is amenable, there is a simpler way to do this:

1. define 2 distribution channels (in effect you will have at least 2 sales areas) one for each customer group.

2. define 2 separate doc types for your customer groups, and assign each of them to the appropriate sales area; assign doc nr range 10000000-10999999 to one type and 20000000-20999999 to the other.

you won't really be needing customer group if you do the above.

advantage: all definitions and assignments in SAP standard and less system resources required.

disadvantage: more master data maintenance.

regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You will have to use a BAdi for determining number ranges instead of the Standard SNUM and keep Customer Group as one ogf the key field for determining number ranges.

Former Member
0 Kudos

which badi?