cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MRP Controller - Production Scheduler

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Can you tell me the difference in roles between MRP Controller and Production Scheduler. Can you tell me whether one can serve the purpose of Both rules.

I heard one consultant suggesting a client why using Production Scheduler if U have MRP Controller.

Can you clarify in detail.

Thanks,

Samar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks

former_member196398
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Samar,

If you look at it from business perspective then,

MRP Controllers are the material planners, and Production Schedulars are Production Planners.

In SAP Perspective, MRP controllers can be used to group materials based on Material Planners, hence there are various reporting options available with respect to them. We can also run MRP based on MRP controllers.

Production Schedulars can be assigned with Production Scheduling Profile.. so the controls of the profile can be utilised. You can also get several reporting of production orders based on Production schedular.

Regards,

Prasobh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

for the job specific

MRP controller is the person who should review the result of MRP planning.

Production scheduler is the person who control production processed (supervisor) responsibility in the context of SAP tranaction.

I hope it's help.

best regards,

freddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please refer the threads below.

Rgds,

Ashok

dhaval_choksi3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Samar,

MRP Controller is responsible for Timely availability of Materials in respective Plants.So we can say he has to deal with MRP activities.

While Production Scheduler is responsible for Production execution in Plants so we can say he has to look after Shop Floor control.

Role of Production scheduler is started after MRP controllers role.First Planing and then Production.

Regards,

Dhaval

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi..,,

Mrp controller is the person responsible for ensuring the material availability and he is mainly in the planning depatment.

Production scheduler is responsible for shop floor execution , machine commitement and controlling the production related activities.

Regards

Pragash