Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Executing ECATT thru SE38 program

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I need to know if there is any way we could execute an ECATT object thru a zprogram.

Actually we are upgrading from 4.5B to ECC 6.0. In 4.5B they have used a fn.module CAT_START in the zprogram to execute the CATT object. Now in ECC 6.0 we have created an ECATT similar to that in 4.5B but when executing thru the zprogram the CAT_START fn.module does not work.

Thanks in advance

With Regards

T.Jeyagopi

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
4 REPLIES 4

qianchen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi

> [https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/d0ca5b67-3268-2a10-a7b7-ec2406bdf395|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/d0ca5b67-3268-2a10-a7b7-ec2406bdf395]

The document given above is interesting, but it discusses the topic of SAP eCATT tool working together with the 3rd-party tool Compuware TestPartner. It would not be necessary to introduce Test Partner in this case, as SAP Test Workbench can already fulfill Jeyagopi's requirement. Moreover, using Test Partner would cause extra cost for its license.

1. If a single eCATT is to be run, then the transaction SECATT is already enough.

2. If a set of eCATTs are to be started (I would suppose this is what Jeyagopi needs), please use the functionality of Test Workbench. Some roungh information is as below:

a) Please first make sure that every eCATT to be run has a test configuration - this can be realized via transaction SECATT.

b) Use STWB_1 to create a test catalog, and add the test configurations mentioned in a) into the test catalog

c) Use STWB_2 to create a test plan through the created test catalog, and a test package in the test plan.

d) The eCATTs can be started via STWB_2 afterwards.

I would recommend the link here for more information about [Test Workbench|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/a2/157235d0fa8742e10000009b38f889/frameset.htm].

Of course, it is also possible to just start eCATTs right after a test catalog is created, or right after a test plan is created. But I personally would not recommend such a way, as the test status can be easily found, logs can be easily accessed when a test package exists in a test plan. Therefore, I would strongly recommend starting the eCATTs via a Test Package.

Hope the information helps.

uwe_schieferstein
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello

You may have a look at fm ECATT_EXECUTE (which is even RFC-enabled).

As the eCATT objects have become more complex the interface of this fm is not that easy to understand yet if you have some experience with transaction SECATT it should be no problem to run scripts using this fm.

Regards

Uwe

0 Kudos

Hi Uwe Schieferstein,

I think the fn.mod you had mentioned will not suite this requirement, Since I do not have variant and moreover I need to pass the values of the parameters in the ECATT object thru the program. Can you suggest any other fn.mod where we can pass values to the parameters and execute the ECATT thru the zprogram developed.

The previous code when SCAT was used.

T_KEYTAB-ABLNR = C_CATT_SH.

APPEND T_KEYTAB.

PERFORM FRM_SO USING 'KUN16' WA_SOLD-KUN16.

PERFORM FRM_SO USING 'BUKRS' WA_SOLD-BUKRS.

PERFORM FRM_SO USING 'VKORG' WA_SOLD-VKORG.

PERFORM FRM_SO USING 'SPART' WA_SOLD-SPART.

PERFORM FRM_SO USING 'AD_NAME1' WA_SOLD-AD_NAME1.

PERFORM FRM_SO USING 'AD_NAME2' WA_SOLD-AD_NAME2.

PERFORM FRM_SO USING 'SPO_VALUE1' WA_SOLD-SPO_VALUE1.

PERFORM FRM_SO USING 'SPO_VALUE2' WA_SOLD-SPO_VALUE2.

PERFORM FRM_SO USING 'AD_STRSPP1' WA_SOLD-AD_STRSPP1.

PERFORM FRM_SO USING 'SPO_VALUE3' WA_SOLD-SPO_VALUE3.

PERFORM FRM_SO USING 'SPO_VALUE4' WA_SOLD-SPO_VALUE4.

PERFORM FRM_SO USING 'AD_STREET' WA_SOLD-AD_STREET.

CALL FUNCTION 'CAT_START'

EXPORTING

MODE = W_MODE

PROT = W_PROT

RFCD = 'NONE'

RF2D = ' '

TABLES

KEYTAB = T_KEYTAB

PARTAB = T_PARTAB

EXCEPTIONS

OTHERS = 1.

FORM FRM_SO USING P_PARNA P_PAVAL.

I_CNT = 1.

T_PARTAB-ABLNR = C_CATT_SO.

T_PARTAB-LFDNR = I_CNT.

T_PARTAB-PARNA = P_PARNA.

T_PARTAB-PATYP = 'I'.

T_PARTAB-PAVAL = P_PAVAL.

APPEND T_PARTAB.

ENDFORM.

Now the CAT_START fn.mod has to be replaced.

With Regards,

Jeyagopi T