Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error when using FM REUSE_ALV_GRID

stefan_kolev4
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

When I'm trying to display an ALV I am receiving an error as you can see below.

How can I solve the problem ?

The internal table "\FUNCTION=K_KKB_FIELDCAT_MERGE\DATA=L_ABAP_SOURCE[]" is 72

characters wide. The program line is

73 characters wide.

Thanks

Stefan

5 REPLIES 5

former_member188685
Active Contributor

The error is famous one. If you are using the fieldcatalog merge function , you will get the error. if the source code line length exceeds 72 chars you get this error.

you can remove the error by changing the source code, see the code where the line size exceeds more than 72 chars, and reduce it to 72 or less.

ex:-

read table itab with key matnr = itab-matnr posnr = itab-posnr vbeln = itab-vbeln etc....

convert that to

read table itab with key matnr = itab-matnr
                             posnr = itab-posnr 
                             vbeln = itab-vbeln etc....

0 Kudos

Hi VIjay, Thanks . This solved the issue.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Even I faced the same error.

Go to SE 38, open your program in change mode. Goto Menu UTILITIES>SETTINGS>ABAP EDITOR>EDITOR>

Check that you must be having old editor option button seleted. In the bottom of the same tab page you have a check box saying

Downward-Comp. Line length(72).

Just check that checkbox and come back to your code. Compile your program once again.

It should solve your problem.

Regards,

Mayank

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Stefan Kolev,

Go to SE38 inside u r program in the MENU bar u will find UTILITIES under that option u will find setting in the setting click the check box compatible length is 72

Utilities setting click the check box.

stefan_kolev4
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you !