cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleted org. unit in PPOME must not be deleted

Former Member
0 Kudos

A user just deleted an org. unit from 15.10.2008 and saved the changes. This was not intended and now it is up to me to help undo the error. Question is - is it possible and how it is done?

Please help. This is not good.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

pablo_marn
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Sorry, but I think is not posible to undelete org. units.

Best regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Maybe there is. I just went back in time in PPOME and found the org. unit still there. Then I selected the detailed object view, found the relation that was changed from today and simply extended the original relation to end of SAP time (31.12.9999). This deletes the new relation and returning to PPOME I found that the deletion marker was now gone.

Just to make sure - does this solution cause any known problems or should I be good to go?

- Regards Jesper

Former Member
0 Kudos

From what you are saying, the user did not delete the org.unit at all. He probably delimited the relationship.

When you are in PPOME/PPOSE, make sure you set the correct "Date and preview period". I would imagine if this had been set to a date before the relationship was ended, you would have seen the org.unit?

pablo_marn
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi J.L.H.,

I am agree with Kibo. It's different delimit a Unit. org. relationship that delete it. First case is not possible to undo, but in second case you can create the link again.

Regards!

Pablo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Reply to Kibo:

Yes, if I did set the date before termination day I could see the org unit and at that point it had the red arrow and descriptive text said it was to be deleted.

Anyway I am not sure what really happened. The user said she deleted the org unit (I cannot imagine why people would delete org units at random in PPOME) but now that I have extended the record the unit is back.

Former Member
0 Kudos

If there is ONE thing I have learned during my 14 years with SAP, it is that users say the strangest things. So I think you are all right on this one.

Just an example:

Our users claimed the other day that "suddenly" a new root object was created for their organization. Turned out the user had delimited the 002 relationship so the poor unit had no parent. So always investigate

Answers (0)