cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MS Server integration to AD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I´d like to join some MS servers running BI onto an existing AD.

Is there any requirements, links or SAP notes relating of this?

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

"to link" means you want to implement SingleSignOn?

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, I want to implement SSO.

But BI servers are on different Worgroups and the Portal has its own domain.

The Portal server is also a DC for the domain, no other DC for this domain available.

Thanks for having asked the question.

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

To do domain authentication you need to put the servers in the domain (not workgroup). A domain change is only possible with a homogeneous system copy:

1233320 - Domain migration for SAP system

So your first step would be to put all the systems in the domain you want to authenticate against.

In the second step you can refer to the official system installation guide (Netweaver) and configure the SSO. For Java you need to run the SPNego assistant.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

Many thnaks for this useful answer.

Is it possible to spend less time on this and set up SSO as it is?

I.e: portal on its AD domain and BI systems on a workgroup.

Thanks!

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No - unfortunately not.

The problem is that you can only establish a trust relationships between domains, not between domain + workgroup.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi again Markus,

I´m quite surprised...

Users get authentified onto the portal usong their own username (SAP Portal user / passwd) first and then to the BI systems using a guest account.

There is no AD autentificitation but the server running the portal has its own AD domain, is it really necessary to move other BI systems onto this AD?

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> Users get authentified onto the portal usong their own username (SAP Portal user / passwd) first and then to the BI systems using a guest account.

So that means you have only one user for the BI system access? What about security/permissions? how do you prevent users from accessing data they shouldn't?

> There is no AD autentificitation but the server running the portal has its own AD domain, is it really necessary to move other BI systems onto this AD?

Yes - right. If the Portal is just the frontend for BI then it's not necessary to get the BI into the AD domain.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Permissions are unique since all users have the same access rights, no need to consider data access security.

Do you have an idea on how mapping this unique BI user with the Portal user?

Thanks again Markus!

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> Permissions are unique since all users have the same access rights, no need to consider data access security.

I see.. and you're sure that this will stay like this?

> Do you have an idea on how mapping this unique BI user with the Portal user?

You could define that user in the system data in the portal instead of "saplogonticket".

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok to define the guest user into the portal, but how this user will be able to communicate and access data as the user defined onto the BI systems?

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

How do you use the BI to access the data? You use the BI-Java? Or do you use the "old" templates of BI 3.5?

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is no java running on BI 7 systems, only an ABAP stack.

There is a web report which is run on BI 7 systems, that´s the way the data are available from a browser.

Hope this is clear enough...

Former Member
0 Kudos

How to register this guest user in the system data SAP portal?

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

How is your BI system connected? Did you create an iView? You use the system data? There are several ways of doing that and without knowing, how you configure the link between the portal and the BI it´s impossible to suggest anything.

"Web-Reports" can also be done in different ways.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

It´s a Web Report publishing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any idea?

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It is still unknown how both systems are connected, you use BEx web? Did you create the BI system under systemconfiguration?

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

The only system configured on the portal is the portal instance itself

I can see this under systems configured on system administration.

Thanks

Edited by: Siavauch Saleki on Oct 20, 2008 9:49 AM

Answers (0)