cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

License requirements to host for a customer

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would like to build and host a dashboard for a customer of mine. I would like to let the customer update using an xml file and display the dashboard on my web site for the customer to access whenever they like. It will likely expand to a few different dashboards with multiple people updating and viewing. What product/licensing would I need to do that?

I have emailed Business Objects twice and called once, but I can not get anybody to contact me. Any help you can provide would be great because me 30 day trial just ended and I want to make sure I buy the correct product/license. Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The functionality to connect to external data (such as an xml file or web service) will require Xcelsius Engage.

However Xcelsius Engage places some limitations on how many external connections you can have in a single dashboard. (The xml mapping functionality in excel is not limited but the web service connectivity within xcelsius is limited.)

You could go with the server version to avoid that limitation.

Xcelsius Engage Server also offers integration with many popular portal platforms (Sharepoint etc.) however it is much more expensive.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Spoke with rep who explained it to me

Former Member
0 Kudos

Business Objects Sales is available at 866-437-2171 Monday through Friday from 6 AM to 5 PM PST.