cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Java SAPGUI on Mac OS X questions

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I use SAPGUI 6.40r6 for Java on Mac OS 10.4.4, and there are some missing features / bugs which prevent me to work efficiently:

- Input History is missing, and it's THE FEATURE it should have to work more efficiently! How do guys at Apple computer work without it? Is it planned in a next SAPGUI release?

- Copy/Paste in ALV Grids, doesn't seem to work.

The only solution I've found is to launch Virtual PC to run SAPGUI for Windows!! It's heavy as SAPGUI is the only app I use on Windows!!!

I know that SAP is quite busy with the migration to Intel Macs but would really appreciate some improvements.

Any answer?

Best Regards,

Nicolas

ps: thanks to SAP and Apple for making great products!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

RMW
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Nicolas,

the input history feature has a prominent position in our customers' wish list.

Short term we do not have any resources to implement it and I can not make any promises at the moment.

Regarding Copy/Paste in grids, please be more specific. I can select text in a grid cell and copy/paste it.

Best regards

Rolf-Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rolf-Martin,

Thank you very much for your answer.

The issues with Copy/Paste in ALV grids are:

- I can't copy any value from a cell or a column with keyboard shortcurt Command+C

- I can copy a single cell using the mouse contextual menu, but can't copy a column

I use SAPGUI 6.40rev6.

Best regards,

Nicolas

RMW
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Nicolas,

to summarize:

It works to select text and copy using cmd-c in cells which are ready for user input.

It does not work to copy the cell content of a read only field using cmd-c, it only works with the context menu.

It does not work to select columns/rows and fill the clipboard with the selection.

I'll talk with the developer of the grid control about this. In case you want to be kept in the loop, you should file a bug report on component BC-FES-JAV.

Best regards

Rolf-Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rolf-Martin,

Thanks for your helpful answer.

I'll report the bug as suggested.

Regards,

Nicolas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rolf-Martin,

Is there any way that other people who are interested in the functioning of ALV Grids in the SAPgui for Java can also be kept apprised of the status of this issue?

Best regards,

/David Rosenberg <rosenberg@mit.edu>

RMW
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi David,

when we receive the OSS message and complete it, this will be listed in the release notes of the first revision of SAP GUI for Java containing those changes.

Best regards

Rolf-Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nicolas,

After you've created an OSS customer message about the ALV Grid problems, please enter the customer message number in this thread. Or if you'd prefer that someone else create the customer message, send mail to me at "rosenberg@mit.edu" and I'll do it.

Thanks.

/David Rosenberg <rosenberg@mit.edu>

RMW
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

the support message has already arrived, its number is 120397 2006. This thread is mentioned there, so when we close that message, we have the pointer to send a notification here.

Thanks to all

Rolf-Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rolf-Martin,

Was the bug reported in message 120397 2006 corrected in the JavaGui 7.10 Rev 1?

Thanks.

/David Rosenberg

RMW
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

David,

there was no time to implement those features in 7.10. Thus they are neither mentioned in the release notes of 7.10 nor in this thread.

But it is still on our list.

Best regards

Rolf-Martin

Answers (0)