Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Stopping scheduled jobs in Queue

I am looking for a way to let any jobs running finish while stopping any other jobs in the schedule queue from starting. I have discovered that disabling of report servers will do this unless they write the output to a user inbox within Business Objects. We are not using email as an option from our system.

Which in a lot of our areas their business practice is to run their reports and send to multiple users across the company. Most of the report output is either PDF for a static view or Excel if end user needs to manipulate this data. So this eliminates needing access to another business units public folders which may contain reports they do not wish to share.

Reports appear to finish running but fail on the write to user inbox with this error: login error. Not a valid logon token.

In 5.1 I would simply use a filewatcher and pull the lock file when I wanted the system to finish any running reports yet stop any from starting.

Anyone have any ideas for a work around? Customer service has been looking in to this for 4 months and so far all I have gotten is, they can recreate it, this is not a bug and XI 3.0 behaves the same.

We are running XI r2 SP3 Windows platform, java version of infoview

Mike

change is inevitable progress however is optional

Former Member
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question