Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delete & Automate deletion of Error Stack

hasba_younes
Participant
0 Kudos

HI Experts,

is there a way to automate the deletion of the errorstack?

i.e. in process chain?

another question is: is the table of the error stack a PSA table?

thanks,

BR,

Younes

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Error stack will store the data in PSA only.

you dont have a specific process to delete the error stack.

you have process for deletion of PSA and this will delete the error stack also.

Regards,

Ranjith

hasba_younes
Participant
0 Kudos

Great thanks. i had same opinion. the only problem was, i wanted to add this process in the process chain to delete the table as i've seen that the table is a /BIC/ table (PSA).

i could not find it in the selection (process type delete PSA).

that's why i was confused and posted this.

do you know mybe why i'm not able to see the Table?

Thanks,

BR,

Younes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Younes,

To see the PSA table there are two ways

1.In SE16 click F4 and then Information System.In the Short Description field put in the name of the InfoSource within *, like 0MATERIAL_ATTR and click the chekc mark. You will get the /BIC/ table (PSA table) that you are looking for.

2.RSA1 - PSA area - find your PSA - right click, delete PSA data - scroll the upper frame to th right, find the table name.

hope this solves this question.

Regards,

Ranjith

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I just found this document regarding PSA maintenance.

it has solutions for most of PSA issues.

i think it will be really useful for u.

link:[https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/40890eda-1b99-2a10-2d8b-a18b9108fc38]

Thanks & Regards,

Ranjith

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Younes,

In the below way also u can find the PSA Table names...

PSA Table dynamically forms, there will be no fixed name. for every data target the PSA differs...so

goto SE11.... in the TABLE : B00*.and search(cause PSA name forms starting with B00)...it opens a screen in which you select new search button,,,

in the pop up options...enter search term as B00*

in the below row give.... your info cube name...

means you are searching psa name based on your infocube(or any data target)...then note down the name....in the same way do it for all PSA's.

then goto SE14...here basically you can delete any table... give the PSA table name, and execute, in the next screen...select radio buttons..

. Delete table

and click. Delete and Adjust database table.

Then the PSA table will be deleted...

please choose the easiest of all theose i have sent.

hope this helps you,

Regards,

Ranjith

hasba_younes
Participant
0 Kudos

HI Kumar,

thank you all for your answers the problem here is little bit different.

let's stay in the process chains.

i know how to find the PSA table name:

for the Errorstack DTP you go: Extras ---> Settings for Error Stack and there you find the table name.

question is i want to add this as a process in the process chain to delete this table. process type is under RSPC and it's "Deletion of Requests from PSA" and there i don't find the table that i found in step above.

this is why i don't know if the DTP Error table is a PSA??

thanks,

BR,

Younes

thomas_rinneberg
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi!

The error stack is technically a PSA table like the changelog is. However as you already see from the fact that changelog deletion and PSA deletion are two different process types, the starting point for the table contents maintainance is its usage and not its technology. What is meant by PSA table concerning the PSADELETE process type is only the persistent staging area adjoint to a DataSource.

Now to your question on how to delete the error stack then: The error stack is purged at two points in time:

a) you delete the request which brought the wrong data

b) you process the wrong data with an error DTP and this load is green

In case the data is wrong and you do not want to process it, you should not put it to the error stack at the first place. You can skip records in the transformation without informing the error handler (or without telling it that the record was skipped). Unfortunately it is right now not possible to manually remove records from the error stack maintainance before Release 7.20 (which is still under development).

Best Regards, Thomas

hasba_younes
Participant
0 Kudos

HI Thomas,

thanks for your answer. Le's say i want to automate the a) point, is it then possible?

the point is we want to know why the records are wrong but maybe not purging them again but do a reload.

thank you,

BR,

Younes

thomas_rinneberg
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi!

Maybe I did not formulate this exact enough: You cannot just delete the wrong data of a request, but only the whole request, including the records already posted to the data target. For this, the REQUDEL process type would do the job. Then you can load the whole data again from the source. Hope this hits you point.

Best Regards, Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

we are dealing with the same issue. As a work around we are thinking about expanding the source structure and depending on this also the structure of the error stack by a "delete-flag" (char1 boolean). If a record is skipped to the error stack, the flag can be set in the standard error-stack monitor and the record can be deleted in the start routine. The request will end-up with status green if at least one record is transfered to the target (if a error dtp transferes 0 records status seems always to turn red although setting says allways green). When activating the now green error-dtp request all records should be deleted from the error stack.

Until now it's only theory but it might work. I would be happy about remarks oder hints.

Regards Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Answers (0)