Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In freight can we apply CENVAT Tax code

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

1)(Cost=Qty x Rate) ...

EC= 2%eCess+1%High.Edu eCess

2)cost+freight , on that BED14%,EC3%,CST2%, in SAP we taking cost on that we apply tax code it calculate proper tax ,but if we take amount in fright and apply above tax code at that time system calculate only CST.Clint wants BED, EC also.

means i want BED ,EC ,should be calculated on freight....

Regards,

mahesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mahesh,

In Rows, you have "Assessable Value" field. In that Assessable value field you enter the value of the item and frieght as an Assessable value. And in the Formula of taxes, you consider Assessable Value for calculation.

ie., if Assessable vlaue > 0

BED_grossvalue = Assessable value

else

BED_grossvalue = Total (or) Qty * Price

Like this you change the formula and try to get solution to your problem.

Raja.S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raja,

I have created tax code that is giving perferct calculation,

but system says while saving that "cenvat relared tax code

can not use with freight."

what to do?

mahesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You add the value of frieght with the item value and enter the value you get as an assessable value. In formula instead of calculating qty * price in BED, you give the assessable value for calculation. And based on this your other calculation will be done. This an work around method to solve your problem. There is no direct method to solve this problem, since we cannot give excise tax codes in Frieght.

I hope this could help you.

Raja.S

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mahesh

If you are managing through Freight, then you can not charge Excise Duty on Freight component. SAP Business One 2007B PL07 only allow charging Excise Duty on Freight, but this is limited to Item line level freight only (not on document level freight) and as Raja said, you have to change your tax formula.

Thanks

Anjan Bhowmick