cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Field Not Getting Updated In R/3 Table

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

We've got an interface that pushes data to R/3 table via an RFC call. Surprisingly,all of the fields but the last one in the table of type char (1) is not getting updated.However, it gets updated while manually executing the RFC or by from Portal interface.

The inbound message in XI shows up with the right value for the field in sxmb_moni.

It'll be great if somebody can help us in rooting out the issue.I'll be glad to provide any further inputs if required

Advanced Thanks,

Krishna

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

SudhirT
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Krishnamoorthy,

This is something related to communication channel buffer problem. Make sure that the max connection value in your Receiver RFC channel is 1 and if you will stop this channel and start again from RWB you will get the updated record in R/3 Table.

Do this and let us know.

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks for ur advice.

I have tried what you said by activating and Deactivatin the RFC comm channel in ID but the same result.

I have also checked the Max connections in the RFC channel.

All in vain

Expecting more expert suggestions

Regards

krishna

SudhirT
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Generally it works as per my observation. In our case we faced this problem when we did any modification or addition of fields in BAPI.Please try to stop CC from RWB instead ID ,if no luck then final solution is to restart server.

If yours is the same case of modification in BAPI you can try this.It will work.

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi sudhir

Am on SP 15 and I dont have the option to start/stop from RWB.

Regards,

krishna

SudhirT
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

I am also on SP 15 and having this option of start/stop in RWB--> Component Monitoring --> Display --> Adapter Engine --> Communication Channel Monitoring --> Use Filter --> Your CC and here you can stop/start ur channel.

I am also on same SP level but surprisingly i have this option.If no way you are able to find this option then last option of restart server you can try.

thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sudhir

I dont have the button "Communication Channel Monitoring" but i have "ADapter Monitor" and I dont have the option to start / stop a channel in the window that opens up when i click on "Adapter Monitor"

regards

KRishna

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you getting the last field value in message after the mapping?

If, can you do cpa cache full refresh and reimport the RFC.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did u make any TCP/IP connection.in SM59 for this connection?.. i am not an expert, but if u did, then did u mark it as UNICODE in the MDMP & Unicode Tab of sm59?

Arnab .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arnab,

Thanks for your response. Let me check up on what u said but I dont think that would be the cause here since all the other fields that are getting similar data are getting properly updated.

Any other suggestions?

regards,

krishna

SudhirT
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you dont have the option for stop/start then , if possible try to restart the server hopefully it will be resolved.

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks for ur response. We've already checked what you suggested.

Need more suggestions

Regards

Krishna

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check if the last second field has correct data or it has the last field data merger in it.

Regards,

Prateek