Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proof for TABLE parameter being obsolete?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I need a proof (a piece of documentation or what not) that TABLE and CHANGING parameters are obsolete!

Thanks, Johannes

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

JozsefSzikszai
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Johannes,

pls. check message FL 069 in tcode SE91 in a 6.0 system. This describes that TABLES paramaters are obsolate by FMs (CHANGING parameters are not obsolate). This is the only reference I actually know. The funny thing is that I already created FM in 6.0 system and this message did not come up, so I am a bit confused as well...

hoep this helps some

ec

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

FORM subr [TABLES table_parameters]

[CHANGING parameters]

ENDFORM.

They are not obselete . Type changing and hit f1 on abap editor to get document .

JozsefSzikszai
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Johannes,

pls. check message FL 069 in tcode SE91 in a 6.0 system. This describes that TABLES paramaters are obsolate by FMs (CHANGING parameters are not obsolate). This is the only reference I actually know. The funny thing is that I already created FM in 6.0 system and this message did not come up, so I am a bit confused as well...

hoep this helps some

ec

0 Kudos

The background as I know it is that TABLES parameters represent internal tables with header lines, which is considered obsolete technique by SAP, since it leads to ambiguous or unclear statements (is the table header or body being addressed? you only know from the context). In class methods, you don't find TABLES parameters anymore.

Thomas