cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Master Data Activation methods?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Brothers,

in my dissertation I compare different methods of how to activate Master Data.

What methods for activating Master Data are there? I know the following:

directly setting OBJVERS from M to A

using a function module e.g. RSDMD_MD_ACTIVATE

What are disadvantages of directly setting OBJVERS from M to A?

Thanks, Johannes

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184494
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Johannes,

I am not sure if setting the field to A alone will work - the reason being that there is a host of other activities being performed - like :

Generation of SIDs for new values...

Check Aggregates and TREX Indices where this exists - the reason for this is that once you activate master data - the particular info object will get displayed in the Attribute change run monitor.... and hence you will have to account for all these..

Once you go through the function module that you have highlighted and drill into the code you will understand what is happening...

Arun

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Simply putting

Its the SAP program thats triggers the veriosn change of the records from M to A and not other way around.

This programs also triggers various other jobs which maintains the data intigrity in the system as already said above.

If you want to achieve the same result then you will have to design the same program and may have to trigger it after the changes are made in the version.

But just modifying the field directly will never bring you the desired result until you customize the effects as well.

Thanks

Ajeet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Changes in data to navigational attributes will not be captured.