cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

InfoCube -> red light for db statistics

Gunter_Cokl
Participant
0 Kudos

hi all... maybe someone can help me. in Cube administration at performance i get a red light when checking statistics. i try to calculate them, job finishes without problems, but light is still red.

when i check via rsrv db statistics for cube i get a red light and message "ORACLE: table ...not analyzed yet." we started br connect, but it didn't help.

SAP BASIS 700 0015

SAP_BW 700 0017

cube has 8 dimensions and 4 of them are line items.

thanx

gunter

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Gunter_Cokl
Participant
0 Kudos

thanx...

i think i found the problem, some BW tables are part of table DBSTATC with ACTIVE=I. Don't know how they got there... I will kick them out and then it should work!

br

gunter

Gunter_Cokl
Participant
0 Kudos

don't know BRSTATS, we used BRCONNECT with several options.

br

former_member184494
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sorry,

My Mistake .. we were also using BRCONNECT - there is nothing called BRSTATS - got confused with DBSTATS....

We run BRCONNECT for statistics once a week for the entire database and then update statistics using the on screen options in the manage tab whenever necessary.

Arun

former_member184494
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Gunter,

Usually for Statistics there is an additional paremeter that has to be given on the Oracle side of things. This is with regard to permissions for the backend User / Oracle Admin User. Not sure which ID needs to have this - basically what happens is that :

1. Either the stats are being calculated but not getting updated because of some restrictions or

2. The stats job is fired against the Oracle system and because of Insufficient priviledges the Job Finishes but trigerring the necessary commands but then the command in actual does not get executed.

Run BRSTATS and see if the statistics light gets updated else use DB02 and analyze the table manually and see if the same gets refreshed.

Hope it helps...

Arun