Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

call transaction mode 'E' displaying screens while issuing warning messages

soumya_jose3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am using call transaction 'PA30' using bdcdata mode 'E' update 'S' in a program. While running the program screen is displayed whenever warning messages are issued. Whereas in mode 'E' it is not supposed to display screens for warning messages.

Please let me know the reason.

Thanks & Regards,

Soumya.

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Why dont you change the mode of update and check if the same happens for Synchronous asynchronous and Local Updates.

Regards,

Pramod

0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank you for your reply. When I use the same statement in another program warning message is not displayed.

Thanks & Regards,

Soumya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Soumya,

with BDC mode 'E'

program screen is displayed whenever warning messages also and i think it is default.

Regards

Kiran

soumya_jose3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Any solution?

Regards,

Soumya.

0 Kudos

Hi

MODE 'E' means the BDC simulation has to be stopped as soon as an error occurs: it doesn't mean as soon as an error message occurs.

For example it usually sets an wrong ok_code in BDC table in order to stop the simulation at a certain screen: so u should check if your code (to fill BDC table) is correct, i.e if you're transfering the right parameters.

Try to run the CALL TRANSACTION in background mode with option MESSAGES INTO <ITAB> in order to check all messages and find out the real problem.

Max

0 Kudos

May be try with fm HR_INFOTYPE_OPERATION instead of BDC