Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Function module creation for IDOC processing...

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Experts,

i want to create a function module for idoc processing..

message type: zashpmnt

idoc type : shpmnt05

plz tell me which standard FM is used... and tell me what changes i want to do in it....

Tnx in Advance..

5 REPLIES 5

MarcinPciak
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you already have your idoc created and want to distribute it use FM MASTER_IDOC_DISTRIBUTE

former_member188685
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

is it inbound Idoc..? if so you can use the Function IDOC_INPUT_SHPMNT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

If you are trying to process an Outbound IDoc for the SHIPMNT05 IDoc Type with an Extension, you can use the IDOC_OUTPUT_SHPMNT Function Module which is assigned to SHPM Process Code.

In Addition, since you have an IDoc Extension, you are required to populate the Custom Segment / Fields. For this, there is a Customer Function / Exit called EXIT_SAPLV56K_002 which you can use it for adding your Custom Segments to the IDoc ZSHPMNT05.

If you are writing code in this exit, make sure to create a Project in CMOD.

Also, ensure that you've made the assignment in WE82 with the Message Type , IDoc Type & the Extension.

For Inbound, if you would like to Create a Custom Function Module, you can follow the Naming Convention Z_IDOC_INPUT_SHPMNT for which you are required follow the below Steps.

1. Register the FM as Inbound FM in BD51 T-Code.

2. Assign the FM to IDoc Type & Extension in WE57.

3. You'll need to Create a Custom Process Code in WE42 in which you are required to make add your FM.

4. Maintain Partner Profiles in WE20.

5. Have the Process Code Migrated to the Testing Environment as creation of Custom Process Code is a Customizing Activity and it requires a Customizing Request to be created / Migrated.

6. Define the Parameters as defined in the Standard Inbound Function Modules such as IDOC_INPUT_ORDERS , IDOC_INPUT_DELVRY etc.

Thanks and Regards,

Venkat Phani Prasad K

0 Kudos

hi...

in which enhancement i'll find this exit.. 'EXIT_SAPLV56K_002'

Thank u...

0 Kudos

Hello,

You can find the Exit 'EXIT_SAPLV56K_002' in the Enhancement V56K0001. Create a Project for the same in CMOD.

Thanks and Regards,

Venkat Phani Prasad Konduri