Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Purpose of releasing Idoc segment

Former Member
0 Kudos

What is the purpose of set release after creating segment type in WE31?

4 REPLIES 4

P561888
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The main purpose of the idoc segment releasing is that when u made change and u r promting that changes are completed with rep tp releasing the idoc. i.e like new version we are creating for the existing one...

Regards,

bharani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

The Purpose of Releasing the IDoc Segment is to prevent any accidental Changes to it so as to avoid Run time Errors while Processing the IDoc.

Thanks and Regards,

Venkat Phani Prasad Konduri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sam,

The main purpose of releasing a segment is that it tells the system that in this particular these are the fields, actually SAP add some fields in the segment when ever an new SAP version is released, it doesn't mean we need to make the changes in the middleware as we are very happy with the current process in that case I can put my previous release in the Partner Profile(WE20) to just pass the fields which are present in that particular so nothing needs to be changed in the middle ware.

Release helps us to control, even though the new fields are added to the segment, still I can send my idoc with those fields in my idoc.

I hope I have answered your question.

Thanks,

Mahesh.